Band will be unlike any other music class that you have ever taken, and it may take a little while to get a hang of it. Please understand that these policies exist solely for the betterment of YOUR program and for YOUR safety.
What you can expect from Mr. Sloan:
- I will greet you at the side door of Timberline MS, at 7:30a ready to let you in. Do not come early; you won't be let in.
- I will have a planned rehearsal ready for you, with plenty of opportunities for you to grow as musicians.
- I will help remind you of the expectations of TMS's band hall, when necessary.
- I will do what I can to help keep you engaged throughout rehearsal.
- We will end rehearsal at 8:20a and I will help you be ready to leave for your home school by 8:30a.
What I expect from you:
- You are to remember that we are guests at Timberline MS and will treat its staff members, the band hall, the entry way, the bathroom, and any other area of the school that you may encounter with the appropriate respect that it deserves.
- You will play your instrument only when it is time for you to play your instrument, not before and not after. If you cannot manage your instrument, it may be taken from you until rehearsal is over.
- You will remain an active participant in our rehearsal and will remain on-task for its duration. Do not talk or distract your neighbor.
- You will treat your fellow band members with respect and kindness. We may be from different schools, but we are all in the same band.
- As you are leaving, your voice will be at a Level One in the halls and at a Level Two when we are outside waiting for buses.
Failure to adhere to these expectations may result in expulsion from the elementary band program, and that would make me sad.
Be your best self and you will have nothing to worry about!