WELCOME TO TMS ELEMENTARY BAND 2019-20
*Welcome to Elementary Level I (1st year) and Level II (2nd year) Band!
*We have a great program for 4th and 5th graders.
*Hopefully your student is as excited about joining us as I am about teaching!
2019-20 Elementary Bands that serve Rosa Parks, Ella Baker, and Wilder Elementary Schools meet at Timberline Middle School
|Monday, September 16, 2019||First Day of Level II Band||Level II||TMS Band Hall @ 7:30a||The first day off TMS EB Band!|
|Tuesday, September 24, 2019||First Day of Level I Band||Level I||TMS Band Hall @ 7:30a||The first day of TMS EB beginning Band!|
|Thursday, December 5, 2019||RLC Choir Festival||All Levels||Redmond HS @ 7p||Come hear your friends perform some great music!|
|Tuesday, December 17, 2019||Winter Concert||All Levels||TMS @ 7p||Our first concert!|
|March 2020||Redmond LC Concert||Level II||TBD, Level II only||Every band that feeds into Redmond High School, including theirs!|
|Tuesday, June 2, 2020||Spring Concert||All Levels||TMS @ 7p||Our final concert of the season!|
|Friday, June 5, 2020||Last Day of Band for the Year||All Levels||TMS @ 7:40a||Our last day of the season. Let's party!|
The Weekly Schedule is as follows:
|Level II All||Level I (brass)||Level II All||Level I (woodwinds)||Level I All|
The first few days for Level I (beginners) we will begin finalizing rosters, teaching rehearsal procedures, do some rhythmic and singing activities (yes, we also sing in band!) and show them how to get on the buses.
- So, if you’re waiting on an instrument or a book, they’ll be fine.
- We’ll get going on that the next week’s classes.
- Please refrain from getting an early start on your instrument (especially woodwinds, as assembly can be tricky (and expensive if done incorrectly!))
- We will teach instrument assembly and first sounds in the first few weeks, once logistics are settled.
Level II Band will start playing right away.
Percussionists: TMS is currently waiting on many instruments, including percussion instruments, so it is advisable that you bring your home bell kit, at least for the first few weeks. There shouldn't be a problem with the bus. If there is, you can leave it at TMS and pick it up when you leave school that day.
Coming to TMS in the morning:
- Mr. Sloan is here by 7:20 AM at the latest
- Students can expect to enter the band room at 7:30 AM
- At 7:30 AM, Elementary Band students will be arriving through the side door. Students will be shown where this door is and how to access it during their first week of band.
- The Doors will be NOT be open for Elementary Band arrival. Please ensure that you are arrive AT 7:30 AM, so that I may let you in. Do not arrive too early; you won't be allowed in. If you are late, you must buzz in through the Main Doors.
- Rehearsal begins promptly, and without exception, at 7:40 AM
- Immediately following rehearsal, students will be bussed back to their home schools.
- At TMS and on the buses, your best behavior is expected. Failure to comply with the instructions of TMS staff members or our bus drivers may result in expulsion from the program.
PLEASE CARPOOL as much as you can.
We look forward to meeting and working with you!
- Weekly Blog
- What Instruments Can I Choose?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Elementary Band On-line Sign up (this is a district webpage for ALL Elementary Band and Orchestra)
- Link to Recruiting Brochure
- Class Expectations
- Concert Etiquette
- Private Lessons
- Elementary Band Emergency information
- Contact Mr. Sloan